Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 26, 2019

James M. Siler, POA for Sarah Griffits, relict of Weimer Siler

James M. Siler is my third great grandfather on my father's side of the family. My grandmother was Flora Siler, daughter of Sampson Siler, son of Sherrod Siler, son of James M. Siler, whose father was Weimer Siler, and whose father was Jacob O. Siler, youngest son of immigrant Plickard Dederic Siler. He came to America aboard a two masted ship, "Snow Two Sisters" the 9th September 1738.


Power of Attorney to James M. Siler from Sarah Griffits, formerly Sarah Moad Siler, and the sale of Weimer Siler's land to Jacob Siler
Transcribed by Valerie J. Thompson, July 5, 2015
Whitley County, Kentucky Deed Book 4, page 324 –
Know all men by these presents that I, Sarah Griffit, formerly Sarah Siler, Relick of Wimer Silar deceased have this day appointed and constituted James M Silar my agent and attorney in fact and do hereby constitute and empower the said James M Silar to act for me and in my stead in the transaction of my business in as full and ample a manner as I myself could do to sell and convey by and any land or interest in said land which I may have in the State of Kentucky or else where, to receive any monies which may be due and owing to me from the estate of the said Weimer Silar, Dec’d, or any other person in the state of Georgia and receipt for the same and do all of her acts which it may be necessary to be done in the transaction of my business. In witness whereof I, Sarah Griffitt have hereunto set my hand and seal, affixed my seal together with my husband, Emanuel Griffits whose hand and seals are hereto affixed the day and date above written.   [No date written]                                                                     Sarah X Griffitts  (her mark)
                                                                                                                            Emanuel Griffitts
State of Tennessee
McMinn County
Personally appeared before me William George, Clerk of the County Court of McMinn County, Sarah Griffitts  and Emanuel Griffitts who after being duly sworn according to law, do say that the foregoing Power of Attorney was made by them and for the purpose therein explained. In witness I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal of office…this 23rd day of May 1856.  
                                                                                                                               Wm George, MC
State of Kentucky
Whitley County Court
I, G. C. Mathis, Clerk of the County Court for the county aforesaid do certify this the foregoing Power of Attorney for Sarah Griffit & Emanuel Griffit to James M Siler was this day processed to me my office and proved by the seal and certificate of William George, Clerk of McMinn County Court. Whereupon the same together with this certificate….”
Whitley County, Kentucky Deed Book 4, page 331 –
     This indenture made and entered into this the 31st day of May 1856 by and between Jacob Silar of the first part and James M Siler of the second part all of the County of Whitley and State of Kentucky, Witnesseth the said James Silar, att’y has this day sold and by these presents, Give, Grant, Bargain and Sell unto the aforesaid Jacob Silar my interest in the home farm of Wymer Siler, deceased, supposed to contain five [?] hundred acres be the same more or less, lying and being in the county and state aforesaid and adjoining the land upon which the said Jacob Silar now lives and , I James M. Silar, att’y, do hereby warrant and defend the title to the aforesaid land from the claim of myself, my heirs, or assigns and all other persons. In witness, whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this day and date written.                                                                             James M. Silar {Seal}
                                                                                            Attorney for Sarah Griffitt
State of Kentucky, Whitley County
     I, J C Watkins Clerk of the County Court, holden for this county aforesaid do certify that this deed from James M. Silar attorney for Sarah Grifit was this day produced to me in my office and acknowledged by the said James M Silar, att’y to be his act and deed whereupon the same together with the certificate hath been duly admitted to record in my office. Given under my hand this 14th day of June 1856.                                                                           J. C. Watkins


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete